ODM Drive Shafts
ODM Replacement Drive Shafts
• Induction Hardened, Rust Proof, Wear Resistant, Long Life Steel Shaft.
• Advanced ‘Wide Swing Angle, High Torque’ Design for smooth Turning Movements.
• Highly Flexible Long Life Synthetic Neoprene Rubber Boots.
• Heavy Duty, Shear Resistant, Anti-Corrosive, Anti-aging Lithium Grease.
• Integrated Manufacturing & Supply Chain.
• Advanced Robotic Controlled Production Technology.
• Core Advanced Patented Technology.
Unique, Superior Characteristics of ODM Drive Shafts
1) Fully Integrated Manufacturing and Supply Chain Is The Foundation For Quality Assurance
2) Stringent Selection of High Quality Materials and Components Ensure Product Performance & Durability
• Induction Hardened CF53 Steel Shafts
- The Heat Treatment process improves strength of CF53 Steel Shafts with toughness and ductility and avoids metal breakage due to brittle structure. The factory is equipped with mesh belt furnace for normalizing.
• Mesh Belt Normalizing Technology
- The process is dynamically monitored through Intermediate Frequency Quenching and Energy Monitoring to control deviation and achieve consistency of heat treatment throughout the steel shafts.
• Advanced Forging & Molding Technology
- The factory uses advanced precision forging and molding technologies to achieve uniformity, improve performance and increase product life.
• Long Life Synthetic Neoprene Rubber Boots
- Long Life Synthetic Neoprene Rubber Boots are chemically stable and possess high tear strength, toughness and flexibility over a wide temperature range. They are also grease and solvent resistant.
• Heavy Duty Shear Resistant Lithium Grease Possesses
- Extreme pressure and anti-wear properties to reduce metal wear.
- Good mechanical stability and anti-vibration properties to improve NVH (noise and vibration) performance.
- Wide temperature range of between -40 °C and -150 °C.
- Excellent anti-corrosion property to prevent rusting.
- Anti-aging property to prolong product life.
- Superior restorative property that enables most of its fiber structure to return to its original shape 24 hours or longer after operating in destructive shearing and extrusion conditions.
3) Automated Precision Production Technology
- Spline and thread are produced simultaneity to reduce positioning error and improve the quality.
• Automated Carburizing and Carbonitriding Technology
- Automated Carburizing and Carbonitriding Technology reduces wastage and improves efficiency of the hardening process so that product’s hardness, wear resistance and fatigue strength are greatly improved for longer serviceable life.
- Examination of starting and swing torque movements are automated to ensure C.V Joint operates smoothly, flexibly and consistently to minimize friction and wear on the booster pump and pull rod. Unlike those factories that examine torque movements manually by hand feeling, this automated process will ensure that movements are according to set standards and increase serviceable life of the drive shaft.
- Other automated processes include rotational welding, automatic spline fitment, spline rubbing and flipping, waste free material feeding, fully automatic thermoplastic molding and many more.
4) Core Advanced Patented Proprietary Technologies
- Up to September 2013, ODM has obtained 27 patents with 26 more in the process of approval. Out of these, one is an approved patent for invention while 13 more patents for invention are in progress. All these patented proprietary technologies provide important technological support for continuous enhancement of company’s products.
5) 'Wide Swing Angle, High Torque' Design
- ODM develops the innovative 'Wide Swing Angle, High Torque' drive shafts. Using ( BJ + BJ ) type combination and through structural engineering changes and manufacturing process optimization, ODM drive shafts have wider swing angle characteristics to meet traversal capability of vehicles operating under harsh road condition.
6) 3D Printing Technology For Faster Product Development
- Product design work is made easier, faster and more accurate with the help of 3D printing technology. It reduces development cycles and cuts down time and cost in making and fine-tuning molds for eventual production.
• Co-develop the 'Eight tracks C.V. Joint' with the well-known European Factory
• The fixed section forging technology
• Precision forging development of the AAR Plunging Joint
• Hollow shaft friction welding process
View the ODM Corporate video: